Thursday, January 21, 2010

Asking my Dad for permission



After much Fasting and Prayer and many discussions of marriage, Daniel decided it was time to visit with my parents.  When Jason wanted to marry Afton, he also proposed to my Dad. (so to speak for scrapbook sake anyway) So, Daniel got to do the same.  My Dad wants the boys to believe he is mean and tough! I don't think Daniel is too afraid!



So, after he visited with my parents, and of course proposed to my Dad, he chose a day and we went to Farmington Lake, a place that we have shared memories in the past.  So, he asked........and I said YES!


Blindfolded, but happy!      Hmmmm, what would be the perfect way to ask?


Ahh, he did it!  21 days after God Blessed our broken road,  we are officially engaged!
Look at this cute poem I found....it totally fits us!

I promise to give you the best of myself and to ask of you
 no more than you can give.
I promise to respect you as your own person
and to realize that your interests, desires and needs
 are no less important than my own.
I promise to share with you my time and my attention 
and to bring joy, strength, and imagination to our relationship. 
I promise to keep myself open to you. 
 To let you see through the window of my world into
my innermost fears and feelings, secrets and dreams. 
I promise to grow along with you, to be willing to face changes
in order to keep our relationship alive and exciting. 
I promise to love you in good times and bad,
 with all I have to give and all I feel inside in the only way I know how,
 completely and forever!
Today, Tomorrow, Forever, and For Always!

No comments:

Post a Comment